Lemuel The Servant

.

08 March, 2011

Chairman



A four-year-old had been elected chairman of a neighborhood group of older boys. The father of a member asked his son why they had elected such a little fellow.
“Well, you see, Dad,” the boy explained, “he couldn’t be secretary ‘cause he can’t read. We couldn’t elect him treasurer ‘cause he can’t count. He’s too little to throw anyone out, so we couldn’t make him sergeant-at-arms and we knew he’d feel bad unless we elected him to something, so we made him the chairman.”
*******************************************************
By this small story I recall my memories when I was in Mailone; I was elected as a chairperson of the library in our parish. They made me chairman after being elected once as a treasurer. Unknowingly, I was really proud of myself. But when I reflected on this story I felt ashamed. I was nothing; I couldn’t make any improvements in the library as well as when I was a treasurer. Being a treasure I never counted income or used money. I participated meetings where the important matters are discussed. I never made any important decision for the library. They simply put me aside and made decisions but I was happy to be there with friends.
Perhaps they knew me well what I was… “Who says nothing is impossible, I’ve been doing nothing for years.” Yes, I have done nothing for the Creator of this Universe.
“Lord, help us to perform Your Will.”

0 comments: